Recently The "Assault" terms are becoming frequent. There are already some cases by now.
The University sent the following round up:
Sexual Assault Resource Center
"YES" = ok = permission = CONSENT
When initiating SEX:
1. Asking does not mean an automatic NO.
2. Silence does not equal YES.
3. Consent cannot be given when "intoxicated."
4. If YOU are UNSURE about asking or telling then STOP.
5. Asking for an answer means you will KNOW when it is NO.
6. Know how to say YES or NO.
7. Know how to handle hearing YES or NO.
UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY DEFINES CONSENT:
"The term "ACTIVE CONSENT" means that each person involved in sexual
contact not only agrees to the sexual activity but also agrees freely
and knowingly. A person who has been threatened or coerced, whose
judgment is substantially impaired by drugs or alcohol or by physical or
mental impairment even if temporary, or who is unconscious or asleep,
cannot give consent to sexual contact. A person under the age of 17
years is deemed incapable of giving consent."
(Posted with permission: The director said ... "... I appreciate your efforts ...")