Because "Theoretically" linux based virus are not impossible.
Now it turns my reason to run into linux: Speed!
It still loads faster than my vista on the other ntfs partition.
I have installed AVG for linux: free!
Another problem was updating it. I could not update it because whenever I was running it from the menu, it was simply not in "su mode"
So, I did the following:
- Go to "System-->Preferences-->Main Menu" which will launch the menu editor.
- In the AVG entry in Accessories. Right click its entry and select Properties.
- In the "Command" box add gksudo to the beginning (so that it looks like "gksudo avggui")
- close the option and close the menu.
- It will prompt for password whenever you run it.
- since I already did gksudo, I am in "su mode".
- So, I can update it!
Thanks to :