Thursday, July 17, 2008

So, You have UBUNTU ... huh?

In a conference hall, everyone is enjoying the talk.
There is a small click click sound pertaining in the hall.
After some talks, there is a break. Everyone rushes for the tea/coffee break.
I started my laptop and started connecting to the internet. The wifi was unsecured as provided by the hotel. I got it. I was connected and was browsing.
In the mean-time, I got the attention of few people. One of them asked: "So, you have Ubuntu.... huh?... I was trying to connect...
How come your Ubuntu in Dell Inspiron 6400 supports wireless internet but not in mine?"


Guess the answer...




















My answer was...
"Well, I do have Ubuntu; but wireless internet is only available in vista. So, I run vista for it."
(I had tried to get the wireless straight in my system, but had to face a lot of trouble and is deprived of appropriate time and effort ... If you have links on drivers and all info, please leave a comment: My system is Dell Inspiron6400. The description of my notebook is here As you can see: Dell Wireless 1390 802.11b/g Mini Card (54Mbps)// not supported in Ubunty 7.04)

UPDATE(July19th,2008):
After AD commented and suggested, I upgraded it to Ubuntu 8.x. So, it works fine now!
Thanks!!!

1 comment:

  1. come on you blogger dai :) :P, Ubuntu can connect to wireless internet, and you don't have to do anything, it is preety much simple to connect. I too have Dell and HP. In Dell I have Ubuntu and in HP i have Suse and in both cases I can connect to wireless internet and I don't have to go for windows or vista what ever. If you would like to know or you still have this wireless problem, then you can write back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment.
Please stay on topics; off-topic/advertisement comments will be removed.

You may also like to visit : My Frame of Reference
(Press shift while clicking: Opens in New window.)