Saturday, September 8, 2007

It's the time of web evolution!

Its the time of Wiki and online dictionary.
It is the time of Open source programs, Firefox, You tube, and online editors, not to mention the Orkut community, Face book, social bookmarks, Usenet groups, blogs, online photo editors and publishers, web emails, and online editors for office programs. Moreover Map, GPS turn by turn direction will be emerging; even one day the traffic system will be automated. Just sit and relax and watch the vehicles driving it self to your destination.
Everything with new innovation quickly becomes a part of daily life.
I learned (from unknown source, may be youtube ?) that only three percent of the world's population has access to high speed internet. I am glad that I am one of them. I was addicted to internet while I was in Nepal.
Prof. DRM once said that in late 50s it was a great asset to have knowledge of English in Nepal because that provided a new opportunity and a plus point, now it is same about the computer. I think Nepal has moved far beyond that point, really far.
I would read these and become more confused:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2
http://www.copywritingexperts.co.uk/web-20
There are already too much stuffs to be done!
The sensors to smell are yet to be installed.
(WOW whatta new idea!)
and it is possible with the technological advancement of nanosciences and bio-mimics. And the people have already started talking about web 3.0
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_3.0
Reed Hastings, founder and CEO of Netflix, stated a simpler formula for defining the phases of the Web:
" Web 1.0 was dial-up, 50K average bandwidth, Web 2.0 is an average 1 megabit of bandwidth and Web 3.0 will be 10 megabits of bandwidth all the time, which will be the full video Web, and that will feel like Web 3.0."
This is Amazing!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmP4nk0EOE
I should not miss this:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/tim/news/2005/09/30/what-is-web-20.html
Bottom line:
For the betterment of humanity!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for you’re very sweet comments on, my blog I try to do my best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment.
Please stay on topics; off-topic/advertisement comments will be removed.

You may also like to visit : My Frame of Reference
(Press shift while clicking: Opens in New window.)