Sunday, October 6, 2013

Removing new #chrome new tab, notification bar!

No dear Google, I do not want the tabs-snapshot view of my page on the new tab page! You got it wrong this time!
I use widgets, and that's all I expect to see when I open new tab.

A. 
So, I wanted to get back the Ole "New Tab" page with widgets etc:

  1. Type chrome://flags into your browser’s address bar.
  2. Search (CTRL/CMD+F) for the option labeled “Enable Instant Extended API.”
  3. Change it from “Default” to “Disabled.”
  4. A pop up will appear on the bottom. Restart Chrome.
B.
They also have installed "Chrome Notification" on my bar. ARRGGs!
So, this is how I disabled the notification bar

Enable Rich Notifications Mac, Windows

chrome://flags/#enable-rich-notifications
Select "disable", and restart.

I do not like these additions (on mac: left, on windows: right).
---
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment.
Please stay on topics; off-topic/advertisement comments will be removed.

You may also like to visit : My Frame of Reference
(Press shift while clicking: Opens in New window.)