Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sugarsync2.0 Crashes on Mac [fixed]

My sugarsync has about 13 GB on cloud storage. So, it was a sunny day... and my cloud storage did not work!!! Sugarsync crashed after they suggested that I should update to V2.0, and after I obliged to get the new one.

So, it would splash the screen with that green bird thingy and would disappear.

One of the fix suggested was:
1. Run the Console, it is under Utilities folder in Applications.
2. If you have the same error, run Terminal, it is also under Utilities.
3. In the Terminal window, type in:
sudo chmod 644 /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.sharpcast.xfsmond.plist
sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.sharpcast.xfsmond.plist
That did not work!

Then I looked into the console and noted that somehow there was trash involved! ? ###$% :
3/27/13 6:57:27.883 PM loginwindow: Login items - LSOpenApplication returned error -10660, url=/Users/meuser/.Trash/SugarSync Manager.app
I have no idea why it would look there!
So, I simply did empty my precious trash. Then fired up the SS2. It worked!

So, what made it to work? Not sure! I have sent the console/log file to the team.  Hopefully they will reward me few GB for this fix!

:P
---
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment.
Please stay on topics; off-topic/advertisement comments will be removed.

You may also like to visit : My Frame of Reference
(Press shift while clicking: Opens in New window.)