Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Listen Carefully before you say "Yes, or OK"

So, my understanding is that the spams that you get in Email or by phone is due to you saying "Yes" or "OK" at one of the occasions. Does not matter where, when or how.
Also, "Do not call" list does not matter anyway!

Today, I was talking to a customer representative for XYZ company. After dodging the robots who could "completely" understand all of my issues, I could get a hold of a human!
She started like this:
"Federal law requires that we protect your account information. Do I have your permission to discuss and send the promotions from our business associates?"
All of that within one breath! 

Usually, I would say yes! But, I have to decline the offers.
It is a sneaky way to get your permission!


---
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment.
Please stay on topics; off-topic/advertisement comments will be removed.

You may also like to visit : My Frame of Reference
(Press shift while clicking: Opens in New window.)