Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Facebook: Privacy issues

I have come across numerous buzz about the Facebook's ever changing Privacy Policy.
Obviously, there are many users whose profiles settings are auto adjusted without their knowledge. The setting is changed based upon their usages. Making them available to the highest bidders. No wonder if your profile info and pictures appear in the Bing (Microsoft partner) or Google in near future.

I would like my Facebook profile be shared with only friends and to some extent friends of friends. Why would some random people have access to my profile?
I noted that access to my pictures were made public. I have changed it. Some other items were also changed, which I have changed back to old settings.

Another thing I came across was the fact that friends (who plays games, even if I do not) could share my info.

The conclusion flying around is:
Facebook wants to quitely present you to the highest bidder!
If you do not want be indexed in search engine:
Go to Settings>>Privacy Settings>>Search>> then UNSELECT the box that says 'Allowindexing'.



Don't want friends exposed?
Hide friends list:




Recommended:

6 comments:

  1. I was actually ignoring these settings, it seem... it's serious. Thanks for this info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Informative post ! Thanks for sharing, Nabin ji.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments.

    I have also found one more nice resource on this:
    http://www.allfacebook.com/2009/12/facebook-privacy-new/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm.....nice information on facebook Nabin Ji...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment.
Please stay on topics; off-topic/advertisement comments will be removed.

You may also like to visit : My Frame of Reference
(Press shift while clicking: Opens in New window.)