Monday, March 23, 2009

How to Create GIF animated picture with GIMP 2.6.X

I know how to work with Photoshop // Image Ready software to create gif picture.


The question was how to create animated GIF picture with GIMP.
(GIMP (http://gimp.org/) is free and "as efficient as" Adobe Photoshop)
Here is how to:
  1. In my case the picture I had was in some sequence number format. I guess it makes life easier to create gif (just common sense). I had picture1.jpg, picture2.jpg ... and so on.
  2. Open them as layer... I suppose you have the dimensions right for each frame/layer picture.
  3. save with "gif" extension.
  4. You will be prompted for options, see the picture to see what I chose.  Basically, we want animation... Right! 
  5. Save and voila!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment.
Please stay on topics; off-topic/advertisement comments will be removed.

You may also like to visit : My Frame of Reference
(Press shift while clicking: Opens in New window.)